Date: January 21, 2013
Time: 9:30am – 2pm
Eligibility: Free for Educators of children ages 3-7.
Location: Alice Ferguson Foundation’s Hard Bargain Farm Environmental Center (Wareham Lodge) Accokeek, MD
Growing Up WILD is an early childhood education program that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing Up WILD provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about the natural world and lifelong social and academic skills. Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive the Growing Up WILD curriculum book.
Please Note: Participants are expected to bring their own lunch to the workshop. (There are no food concessions available at the workshop location).
Space is limited, so register today! To register, complete the online registration form.
Questions? Can’t make this workshop? Contact Sara with questions or to be put on the mailing list for future workshops: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information about Growing Up Wild
Growing Up WILD is a multi-award winning program having received the 2009 Family Choice Award and an award from the Renewable Natural Resource Foundation.
The activity guide, Growing Up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children:
- Is written especially for early childhood educators of children ages 3-7.
- Features 27 field-tested, hands-on, nature based activities in a full-color 11”x17” activity guide.
- Includes outdoor explorations, scientific inquiry, art projects, music and movement, conservation activities, reading and math connections and “Healthy Me” dovetailing with the Let’s Move Campaign.
- Involves social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive domains to help foster learning and development in all areas.
- Supports developmentally appropriate practice allowing children to learn at levels that are individually, socially, and culturally appropriate.
- Is correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standard and the Head Start Domains.
For more information on Growing Up Wild: www.projectwild.org/documents/GUW_Brochure.pdf
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Hard Bargain Farm