The Regional Litter Prevention Campaign allows communities and jurisdiction to build awareness of residents and local businesses to the harmful nature of litter, which will help to drive behavior change among litterers in their area. The end goal of the Campaign is to create a lasting reduction of litter in the Potomac Water by educating and inspiring a positive change in littering behavior. Since litter is mobile, In order to achieve this goal, we are looking for new jurisdictions and communities to implement this Campaign so that the message has widespread impact.
Adopting the Campaign
The Campaign is designed to be easily adopted at both the jurisdictional and grassroots, community levels so as to have the broadest influence. The creative materials and ads remain constant for both levels in order to guarantee consistency in Campaign messaging. However, each level has independent toolkit items designed to work with the different approaches each level needs to make the Campaign a success.
Bring the Campaign to your jurisdiction:
- Commit to launching the campaign in your jurisdiction. Email us at [email protected] to arrange a meeting to discuss campaign implementation.
- Agree to the terms and sign the Partnership Agreement to guarantee proper use and consistency of the Campaign.
- Make use of the toolkit items provided and track their use. There are a variety of items that can fit any budget.
- Jurisdictions with high levels of commitment are invited to participate in the Campaign Steering Committee.
Launch the Campaign in your community:
- Commit to solving the litter problem in your community and spreading public awareness about the harmful nature of litter. Email our Trash Team at [email protected] to arrange a meeting on the best practices of campaign implementation.
- Keep up to date with what other communities are doing and their best practices for success.
- Use the community toolkit items provided to help plan and execute a grassroots litter prevention campaign in your community.