National Capital Parks East – Anacostia Park
Location: NCP-East extends north to Anne Arundel County at the northern end of the Baltimore/Washington Parkway, through Prince Georges County, and southeast to the southern part of Piscataway Park in Charles County, Maryland. Anacostia Park is located in northeast Washington, D.C., near the Maryland boundary along the tidal Anacostia River.
- Field Studies available:Watershed Watchdogs,
Exotic Invaders, Talkin’ Trash
- Habitat: River/Stream bank, field areas
- Terrain: Open fields, which can become quite hot. Easy access by a ramp to the river.
- Suitable for the disabled
- Facilities: Picnic benches; no restrooms nearby
- Additional Info: Plenty of room for large groups
For more information on National Capital Parks – East, including directions, visitor information and hours of operation, visit their official website: http://www.nps.gov/nace/