National Capital Parks East – Fort Washington Park
Location: NCP-East extends north to Anne Arundel County at the northern end of the Baltimore/Washington Parkway, through Prince Georges County, and southeast to the southern part of Piscataway Park in Charles County, Maryland. Anacostia Park is located in northeast Washington, D.C., near the Maryland boundary along the tidal Anacostia River. Fort Washington Park is located in Prince George’s County Maryland, in Fort Washington.
- Field Studies available:Watershed Watchdogs, Exotic Invaders, Don’t Get Sedimental, Water Canaries, Talkin’ Trash
- Habitat: Woodland edge, river/stream bank
- Terrain: Terrain is mildly flat. The length of the trail that is used for the programs is cleared and flat. The river’s edge has some rip-rap in places but also has a trail to get nearer the water that is accessible without difficulty. The walk up to the fort is a bit of a hike but has a paved roadway.
- Suitable for the disabled
- Facilities: Restrooms nearby
For more information on National Capital Parks – East, including directions, visitor information and hours of operation, visit their official website: http://www.nps.gov/nace/