National Capital Parks East – Greenbelt Park
Location: NCP-East extends north to Anne Arundel County at the northern end of the Baltimore/Washington Parkway, through Prince Georges County, and southeast to the southern part of Piscataway Park in Charles County, Maryland. Anacostia Park is located in northeast Washington, D.C., near the Maryland boundary along the tidal Anacostia River. Greenbelt Park is located in Prince George’s County Maryland, just 3 miles from the Greenbelt Metro Station.
- Field Studies available:Watershed Watchdogs, Exotic Invaders, Don’t Get Sedimental, Water Canaries, Talkin’ Trash
- Habitat: Woodland edge, lowland forest, river/stream bank
- Terrain: hilly with steep stream banks; poison ivy
- Not suitable for the disabled
- Facilities: No restrooms nearby
- Additional Info: Can handle about 20 students at the stream. Stream levels fluctuate with rain.
For more information on National Capital Parks – East, including directions, visitor information and hours of operation, visit their official website: http://www.nps.gov/nace/