National Capital Parks East – Oxon Cove Park/Oxon Hill Farm
Location: NCP-East extends north to Anne Arundel County at the northern end of the Baltimore/Washington Parkway, through Prince Georges County, and southeast to the southern part of Piscataway Park in Charles County, Maryland. Anacostia Park is located in northeast Washington, D.C., near the Maryland boundary along the tidal Anacostia River. Oxon Cove Park/Oxon Hill Farm is located in Prince George’s County, Maryland on Oxon Hill Road.
- Field Studies available: Watershed Watchdogs, Exotic Invaders, Don’t Get Sedimental, Water Canaries
- Habitat: River/stream bank, wetland, field
- Terrain: Mostly level fields with steep slopes to field study sites. Field study locations wide and flat. Students may need to maneuver through some brush en route to field study site.
- Disabled accessibility: dependent upon module selected. Please call the BTW office for additional information.
- Facilities: Restrooms located at visitors center. No restrooms at field study site.
- Additional Info: This site is excellent for the Talkin’ Trash module.
For more information on National Capital Parks – East, including directions, visitor information and hours of operation, visit their official website: http://www.nps.gov/nace/