34th Annual Potomac River Cleanup with FODM
April 9 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Please join the Friends of Dyke Marsh on Saturday, April 9 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. for the 34th annual Potomac River cleanup in support of the Alice Ferguson Foundation.
We will conduct a trash cleanup along the Potomac River Shoreline in Belle Haven Park and the Haul Road Trail. To register, email email@example.com with “Trash Cleanup” in the subject box.
Check in at a registration table in Belle Haven Park near the south parking lot or at the entrance of the Haul Road Trail. We will provide gloves, tools and trash bags. We kindly request that you not bring pets to this event.
Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, long pants and sleeves, gloves and weather protection. Bring water. Participants will be notified 24 hours ahead of time if cancellation is needed due to inclement weather.
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Upper Potomac
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- RSVP Required: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Carolyn Bednarek
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum Volunteers: 150
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: Haul Road Trail Directions and Parking: GPS: 38.777739, -77.050540 Turn off the Parkway onto the road to Dyke Marsh Nature Preserve and Belle Haven Marina. Take the first left to go up to Belle Haven Park parking. Walk back to the marina road, cross the road, then 30 yards to the left is the beginning of Haul Road.