- This event has passed.
Allegany County River Clean-up
April 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
You’ll go home feeling good that you cleaned up an eyesore of litter that could end up in the river
What to expect: Expect moderate work that requires bending over to pick up trash, and walking
- County: Allegany
- Site Type: Other
- Watershed: Upper Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Siera Wigfield
- Phone/Email: 301-697-5478
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 20
- Parking capacity: 15
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Three man made ponds are located on public property adjacent to Evitt's Creek.The stream banks of this part of the creek are private property. There is a path along the berm of each pond, Significant algae and vegetation growth during summer months limit fishing fun in the warmer months. These ponds are usually stocked but due to Covid-19 restrictions on gatherings in close quarters, the MD Fisheries Service will not be stocking the ponds.. Warm spring days and freshly stocked, would normally bring hoards of people to these ponds. The area receives considerable trash and debris from associated activities of families fishing.
- Directions: Located on Christie Road across from the Tri-State Zoological Park. From Exit 46 of I-68 travel south on Christie Road, bear left at the "Y" in the road (Country Club Road is the right leg of the "Y") and continue on Christie Road past the Devlin Manor Nursing Home, cross the bridge and turn very hard right into the gravel parking lot.