- This event has passed.
Anacostia Watershed Society Earth Day Cleanup at Bladensburg Waterfront Park – FULL!*
March 6, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
*This site does not need any more volunteers.
Cleanup of the Anacostia River and Bladensburg Waterfront Park from 9:00 am – Noon. Celebration afterward from Noon – 2 pm, see below! Please remember to dress appropriately for the weather (rain or shine!) and wear clothes you won’t mind getting dirty.
General Event Information:
The Anacostia Watershed Earth Day Cleanup and Celebration is an annual event hosted by the Anacostia Watershed Society (AWS) in conjunction with Seafarers Yacht Club. Cleanup up times vary by location (~20 this year), but typically run from 9 am – 12 pm. The celebration afterward is held at one location, alternating between DC and Maryland each year, and includes free food and drink prepared by Seafarers Yacht Club, live music, local exhibitors, and notable speakers.
- County: Prince George's
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Anacostia
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Maddie Koenig
- Phone/Email: email@example.com
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 350
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: 4601 Annapolis Rd., Bladensburg, MD 20710 Metrobus F1, F2, F8, T14, T18