- This event has passed.
Big Neabsco Creek Cleanup at Eagles Park, Woodbridge: Prince William County
March 7, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
2020 Big Neabsco Watershed Cleanup
Neabsco Creek- Eagles Park
Join Prince William Trails and Streams Coalition, Woodbridge Potomac Community Civic Association, REI Coop, NOVA Geocache, Prince William Soil and Water Conservation District other partners for more water quality awareness in the Neabsco Watershed/
Come promote plastic pollution and water quality awareness in PWC. Come support water quality awareness campaign and give a treat to the beautiful Neabsco Creek which is close to the New Woodbridge Boardwalk and Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail.
This event is a good learning opportunity to residents and students who need community service hours. This event is open to residents of all ages to come see first hand impact of floatables as they make their way through the Potomac River into the Chesapeake Bay near the Julie J. Metz Neabsco Creek Wetlands Preserve in Woodbridge.
In 2019, 140 volunteers collected over 5100 pounds of trash ( 231 litter bags and 22 tires). This year more volunteers are needed for an impact in the community.
Parking and signup location: Neabsco Eagles Park (15801 Neabsco Road, Woodbridge),
To register for this event, please visit:
For more information, contact :firstname.lastname@example.org
Come dress in boots or shoes that you will not mind to get dirty.
- County: Prince William
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Occoquan
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: email: email@example.com)
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 200
- Parking capacity: 100
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Wetland area that receives all the stormwater from the Neabsco Watershed. This area always has mines of trash dominantly plastic bottles after every storm.
- Directions: Eagles Park