- This event has passed.
Chancellor’s Point Community Center Clean-Up
April 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Public is welcome – plenty of parking – easy kayak launch site. This event runs concurrently with Muldoon River Center Clean-Up and the Dove Pier Clean-Up. Join host Owen Lewis and the St. Mary’s River Rowing Club hiking the trails and policing the shoreline picking up trash. Bring gloves. Trash bags provided.
- County: St. Mary's
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Howie Grube
- Phone/Email: Volunteer@HSMCdigsHistory.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 60
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Kayaks can easily launch - Public is welcome. Join the local community rowers for a walking and kayaking clean up. Primitive latrine on site (Clivas composting?) Howie will be your host.
- Directions: Southern Maryland western shore - south of Baltimore and the District. Take Rte. 5 south to St. Mary's City, turn right on Rosecroft Road, and look for signs to the Center and clean up.