- This event has passed.
Cleanup at Boiling Brook & Randolph Hills Park (2020)
April 18, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
NOTE: THIS EVENT DATE FOR THIS SITE HAS BEEN CANCELLED OUT OF AN ABUNDANCE OF HEALTH AND SAFETY CONCERN ARISING FROM THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK AND GOVERNMENT RECOMMENDATIONS TO AVOID GROUP ACTIVITIES. WE HOPE TO RESCHEDULE LATER IN THE SPRING. OUR APOLOGIES.
Annual activity in conjunction with AFF Cleanup Day. Community and Scouts focus on an area of Rock Creek just north of the end of Beach Drive in Montgomery County.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Rock Creek
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: George Gadbois
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 60
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Some steep banks; sections with heavily traveled roadway.
- Directions: From MD route 355 in south Rockville, turn east on Nicholson Lane. Proceed to the fourth traffic signal and turn right onto Boiling Brook Pkwy. At the first stop sign, turn right into the Randolph Hills Shopping Center. We will meet in front of the Goodwill Thrift Store.