« All Events
Cleanup at Dyke Marsh and Belle Haven Park
April 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Glenda Booth
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 40
- Parking capacity: 100
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Dyke Marsh and Belle Haven Picnic Area are within the George Washington Memorial Parkway National Park, under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service. Permission to register this site has been granted by NPS
- Directions: Belle Haven Picnic Area and Dyke Marsh are along the George Washington / Mount Vernon Parkway, approximately one mile south of oldtown Alexandria. The Parkway is a continuation of Alexandria's Washington Street.
On I-495 (the Beltway) from Maryland, use the local lanes, take the very first exit after the Woodrow Wilson Bridge (marked Mount Vernon), turn right at the stop light, and go south approximately one mile to the well-marked entrance on the left. Park in the picnic area parking lot.
On I-495 (the Beltway) from Virginia, use the local lanes, take the exit to Rte 1 south, marked Fort Belvoir, stay to the right and follow signs to Fort Hunt Road. In about 0.3 mile, turn left on Belle Haven Road. At the Parkway, turn right, and then immediately left into the well-marked entrance. Park in the picnic area parking lot.