- This event has passed.
Jones Point Park Clean-Up
July 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
You are the solution to pollution! Please join us for a few fun hours cleaning up the beautiful Jones Point Park in Alexandria, Virginia!
- County: Alexandria City
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Ben Swanson
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 25
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: 100 Jones Point Dr Alexandria, VA 22314 Jones Point Park is located on the southern edge of Old Town Alexandria underneath the Woodrow Wilson Bridge. By Car: From the northbound lanes of Washington Street (the George Washington Memorial Parkway) turn right on Green Street. Drive two blocks, then turn right onto South Royal Street. Drive to the cul-de-sac at the end of the street and turn left to enter the park. From the southbound lanes of Washington Street (the George Washington Memorial Parkway) turn left on Green Street. Drive two blocks, then turn right onto South Royal Street. Drive to the cul-de-sac at the end of the street, and turn left to enter the park. Parking is available at the end of the entrance road. Overflow parking is available on city streets outside the park, but motorists must abide by posted parking restrictions and time limitations. By Public Transportation: The 11Y Metrobus (Mt Vernon Express) stops at the corner of Washington Street and South Street. The park is a two minute walk down South Street from the bus stop. On Foot or by Bicycle: The Mount Vernon Trail runs through Jones Point Park.