- This event has passed.
Kentlands Go Green- Gaithersburg Green Up Day/Potomac River Watershed Cleanup 2020
April 18, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Kentlands Foundation GO GREEN group on Saturday, April 18, 9-12 and clean up the local lakes, streams and street sides in your neighborhood that lead to the Muddy Branch watershed. Join hundreds of volunteers on this day designated as Community Green Up Day by the City of Gaithersburg!
Students can earn Student Learning Service hours (SSL) hours!
Please wear clothing and footwear that are weather appropriate, and that can get dirty, muddy, or wet.
Although the City supplies equipment, volunteers are welcome to bring their own gardening materials and gloves for landscape and planting projects.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: Other
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Michael Weyand
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 100
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: From the intersection of Muddy Branch Road and Great Seneca Highway, drive west on Great Seneca Highway. Turn left on Kentlands Boulevard. Turn left on Tschiffely Square Road. Turn right on Chestertown Street, then turn left immediately to continue on Tschiffely Square Road. The Kentlands Clubhouse will be immediately on the left. 485 Tschiffely Square Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878