- This event has passed.
Lock 26 (Woods Lock)
April 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
There is trash along the banks of the Potomac and in the woods between the C&O Canal towpath and the river. The mileposts along the towpath are 39.37 (Lock 26) to 39.63 (entrance at the Dickerson Conservation Park parking lot).
Wear appropriate clothing and waterproof footwear as necessary. Bags and gloves will be provided.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Bill Totten
- Phone/Email: billatotten@gmail,com
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 100
- Parking capacity: 30
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: The Potomac River has accessibility issues, however the towpath is accessible.
- Directions: From White's Ferry Road coming from Poolesville, turn right on Martinsburg Road and left on the road that is the entrance for Dickerson Conservation Park. From Route 28, turn onto Martinsburg Road and right on the road that is the entrance for Dickerson Conservation Park. Once on the Dickerson Park road, follow it to the parking lot.