- This event has passed.
Muddy Branch cleanup with NCAC Scout Troop 291
April 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Cleanup of the Muddy Branch tributary that runs along the south side of Route 28 in North Potomac.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Bennett Rushkoff
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 40
- Parking capacity: 30
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Variety of terrain. Some of the terrain is suitable for all ages and abilities, but young children should be kept away from the water-retention ponds. A sidewalk running for one-half mile along the cleanup area makes this activity accessible for the elderly and wheelchair-bound people. We will start just west of the intersection of Dufief Drive and Darnestown Road (Route 28) and proceed east along the tributary, parallel to Darnestown Road, until we reach Dufief Mill Road.
- Directions: Meet at the parking area near the trailhead of the Muddy Branch trail, off Darnestown Road (Route 28), just west of Dufief Drive. Park at the trailhead parking area or on Dufief Drive.