Potomac River Clean-up at Newtowne Neck State Park
April 9 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Come help keep the Potomac River clean! Newtowne Neck State Park is located on the Potomac River, so it is important that we keep our park clean of litter that can harm the river from Newtowne Neck to streams flowing through the Appalachians. Bring your whole family, groups are more than welcome! See you out there!
- County: St. Mary's
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Riley Schwertz
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 150
- Parking capacity: 30
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Directions: From Washington DC: Take I-495 South to Exit 7/ MD Rt. 5 South. Follow MD Rt. 5 South for approximately 30 miles. Turn right at MD 243 South/ Newtowne Neck Road. Park is at the end of road, approximately 2.5 miles. From Baltimore, MD: Take I-97/MD Rt. 3/ MD Rt. 301 South for 54 miles. Turn left onto MD Rt. 5 South and continue for 33 miles. Turn right at MD 243 South/ Newtowne Neck Road. Park is at end of road, approximately 2.5 miles.