- This event has passed.
Potomac River Cleanup at the Accokeek Foundation
April 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Accokeek Foundation as we protect the Potomac River watershed through cleaning up our shoreline. If you want to see the direct impact of your choices on the environment, choose to join us as a shoreline cleanup volunteer and leave an impact on our shoreline that you’ll want to write home about!
- County: Prince George's
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Kaylin Beach
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 25
- Parking capacity: 100
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Site is wheel-chair accessible, but areas of river access may not be accessible to all physical ability levels. Notable walking distance between visitor parking and clean-up sites. Wet, slippery conditions.
- Directions: Directions from the D.C. area: Take the Capital Beltway (I-495/95 S) or I-295 going south. From I-295 take exit 1A onto I-95 N/I-495 N/MD-210 toward Baltimore, follow signs for MD-210 S/Indian Head Hwy. From the Beltway, take exit 3 onto MD-210 S/Indian Head Hwy. Go approximately 9.2 miles. After you pass Farmington Road, you will take a right at the next stop light onto Livingston Road, by B&J Carryout. (Please note that there are a few Livingston Roads, and you should turn only after passing Farmington Road). Drive one block and turn right on Biddle Road. At the stop sign, turn left on Bryan Point Road and follow 3.5 miles, keep right to stay on Bryan Point Road and into the park entrance. Follow signs for the visitor parking lot. Directions from Route 301, Crain Highway: From Waldorf, turn onto Route 228 and follow seven miles to the end. Turn right (north) onto Indian Head Highway and move into the far left lane. Take the next left turn onto Livingston Road (look for B&J Carryout). Drive one block and turn right on Biddle Road. At the stop sign, turn left on Bryan Point Road and follow 3.5 miles, keep right to stay on Bryan Point Road and into the park entrance. Follow signs for the visitor parking lot.