- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Clean up Fort Washington Park
April 11, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
The clean up is held at the Fort Washington Lighthouse. Park in the Lighthouse parking lot and walk to the shoreline near the Lighthouse. There is a public restroom in the parking lot.
Wear sturdy shoes as the shoreline is uneven in places with natural debris on the beach.
- County: Prince George's
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Barbara Wadding
- Phone/Email: Barbara_Wadding@nps.gov
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 50
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: :Shoreline is rocky and slippery. The address is 13551 Fort Washington Park Fort Washington, MD 20744
- Directions: From I-95/495: Exit 3, Indian Head Highway/MD 210 South. Travel about 4 miles to Fort Washington Road. Turn Right, continue to end of the road. From Waldorf, MD: Take MD 228 to Indian Head Highway/MD 210 North. Travel about 3 miles to Old Fort Road S. Turn Left at the light, continue to Fort Washington Road, turn Left. Continue to end of road.