- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup at the Monocacy Aqueduct to Lock 27 of the C&O Canal
April 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This is a river cleanup at the Mouth of the Monocacy River down the Potomac River behind lock 27 of the C&O Canal. Gloves and trash bags will be provided.
This event will be conducted by the Boy Scouts.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Bill Totten
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 100
- Parking capacity: 24
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: The site is down hill off of the towpath through woods. To get to the Potomac from the towpath, at most it is a quarter of a mile walk through woods.
- Directions: The Monocacy Aqueduct, Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park. From the east--Route 28 west through Dickerson and turn left on to the Mouth of the Monocacy Road to the park. From the North--Take Route 109 South and turn right on to Route 28. Drive through Dicerkson. Turn left on Mouth of the Monocacy Road to the park. From Frederick--Take Route 85 south that becomes Route 28. Cross over the Monocacy River and turn right on Mouth of the Monocacy Road to the park. From Leesburg, VA. Take White's Ferry to White's Ferry Road. Turn left on Martinsburg Road. Follow this road to the flashing light at Route 28. Turn left on Route 28. Follow through Dickerson. Turn left on Mouth of the Monocacy Road to the park.