- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup at the old Indian Village Site Near White’s Ferry and C&O Canal Mile
April 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wear waterproof boots and clothing appropriate for the weather. The site is about seven-tenths of a mile up the towpath from the parking area at White’s Ferry and down the towpath seven tenths of a mile from the parking area.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: River
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Bill Totten
- Phone/Email: billatotten@gmail,com
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 100
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: It requires walking about seven tenths of a mile up the C&O Canal towpath from the entrance near the parking lot at White's Ferry, MD.
- Directions: From Rockville--Route 28 to left on to Route 107 and follow Route 107 to the White's Ferry parking lot. From Frederick--Route 85 to Route 28. Turn right on Route 109 and then left on Route 107. Follow Route 107 to the White's Ferry Parking lot. From Leesburg--Route 15 north to right on White's Ferry Road. Take the ferry across to the White's Ferry parking lot on the Maryland side of the Potomac River.