- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup at Upper Pohick Creek, Middleridge Park and Woodglen Lake Park
March 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thirteenth year for this cleanup!
- County: Fairfax
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Sarah Mayhew or Pamela Lepold
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 30
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: No special issues. Terrain varies so we can accept volunteers of all ages. Come dressed for working in the woods -- long pants and long sleeves required. Sandals are not appropriate for this event.
- Directions: Directions: NEW LOCATION FOR START: Meet in the cul-de-sac in front of 5505 Fireside Court for supplies and area assignments. From the intersection of Rt. 123 (Ox Road) and Braddock Road, go south on Rt. 123 for 0.8 miles and turn left onto Zion Drive at the traffic light. Go approximately 0.7 miles and turn right onto Sideburn Road. Take the second right onto Acacia Lane. Turn left onto Southport Lane when Acacia Lane deadends. Continue straight on Southport Lane to Fireside Court. The park entrance is on the right.