- This event has passed.
Potomac River Watershed Cleanup on New Marshall Hall Rd. and Mill Creek wetlands
April 10 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
AMP Creeks Council is sponsoring this site as part of the annual Potomac River Cleanup. It’s a gorgeous area and part of a historic biking trail, but people have been dumping trash here for years, sullying the habitat of herons, egrets, turtles, ducks, owls, beavers, and many other fantastic animals even before it gets washed into the Potomac.
- County: Prince George's
- Site Type: Roadway
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Kelly Canavan
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: Yes
- Maximum Volunteers: 15
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: Parking is roadside. We may be able to get special permission from a neighbor on the road to use their driveway, but some of us will just get dropped off and picked up. The road doesn't have good shoulders, so we will have volunteers designated to flag approaching cars for the safety of volunteers. The entire road is not handicapped-accessible because of steep hills, but parts of it are flat and can be traversed with a mobility scooter, wheelchair, or other assistive devices.
- Directions: From Rte. 210, turn right onto Livingston Road at B&J's carryout (not at one of the other Livingston Roads!) About a minute past the Accokeek Volunteer Fire Department on your right, turn right onto Accokeek Rd. W. There is no left turn at this intersection. (If you see the post office, you've just missed it.) At the stop sign, turn right onto Old Marshall Hall Rd. At your first opportunity, turn left. This is New Marshall Hall Road.