- This event has passed.
Quantico Creek Cleanup
April 18, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Town of Dumfries hosts this event yearly. Volunteers will meet in our community center for a short briefing about the Town’s history and directions are given where to start the cleanup. Not only is this cleanup great for the environment, it’s educational and fun too. Kids love to get involved. Cleanup supplies will be provided. This event is rain or shine so dress accordingly. It’s a good idea to wear boots.
- County: Prince William
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Yvette Ragland
- Phone/Email: 703 221-3400 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: You will be driven by Town staff to the various destinations of the creek clean up. Small boats and kayaks are welcome
- Directions: From I-85 take I-95 N to exit 152B. Turn right on Route 1 S/Jefferson Davis Highway. Jefferson Davis Highway turns into Main St. On the left is 17757 Main St. Jeff Simpson Community Center. From Washington DC take I-95 S to exit 152A towards Dumfries. Make a right on Route 1 S/Jefferson Davis Highway. Jefferson Davis Highway turns into Main St. On the left is 17757 Main St. Jeff Simpson Community Center.