- This event has passed.
April 10 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Volunteers can walk along different areas of town especially concentrating on the creek bed and collect trash and recyclable debris. The volunteers will be provided with bags, gloves, grabbers and a safety vest. Dress according to the weather. Boots are especially good to wear. As your bags are filled there’s someone who will collect them. Some volunteers will be driven to specific locations if need to be. Lunch will be provided afterwards.
- County: Prince William
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Lower Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Yvette Ragland
- Phone/Email: email@example.com
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 30
- Parking capacity: 50
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: You will be driven by Town staff to the various destinations of the creek clean up. Small boats and kayaks are welcome
- Directions: From I-85 take I-95 N to exit 152B. Turn right on Route 1 S/Jefferson Davis Highway. Jefferson Davis Highway turns into Main St. On the left is 17757 Main St. Jeff Simpson Community Center. From Washington DC take I-95 S to exit 152A towards Dumfries. Make a right on Route 1 S/Jefferson Davis Highway. Jefferson Davis Highway turns into Main St. On the left is 17757 Main St. Jeff Simpson Community Center.