- This event has passed.
Shepherd Parkway Community Clean-Up
February 17, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Shepherd Parkway is a 197-acre unit of National Capital Parks-East which runs along a hillside overlooking the Potomac River in southern part of DC. These woods contain Civil War earthworks, two Bald Eagle nets, and panoramic views across the city. Since 2011, the Committee to Restore Shepherd Parkway has mobilized volunteers to remove over 20 tons of trash and debris from the park.
- County: District of Columbia
- Site Type: Park
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: No
- Suitable for children under seven?: No
- Suitable for elderly?: No
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Nathan Harrington
- Phone/Email: 301-758-5892
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 60
- Parking capacity: 30
- Restrooms available?: No
- Notes: This is rugged terrain, with steep slopes, fallen trees, and lots of brambles.
- Directions: Take 295 to Malcolm X Avenue. Head up the hill away from Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. You will pass 2nd Street and Oakwood Street on the left. We meet in the picnic area in the park on the right, across from the mural and near the corner of Malcolm X Avenue Martin Luther King Avenue SE.