- This event has passed.
Watkins Pond Cleanup
April 18, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Watkins Pond and the King Farm Valley Stream are a designated Birding Hot Spot and city park. This will be the first of semi-annual cleanups of the area.
- County: Montgomery
- Site Type: Run/Creek/Stream
- Watershed: Middle Potomac
- RSVP Required: Yes
- Suitable for children under seven?: Yes
- Suitable for elderly?: Yes
- Who should participants contact for questions?: Robert G. Thomson
- Phone/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for disabled?: No
- Maximum Volunteers: 40
- Restrooms available?: Yes
- Notes: Headquarters for the cleanup will be at King Farm Park. The cleanup site is walking distance (two blocks) from the park. Only on street parking is available around the site and park.
- Directions: From Interstate 270, exit at Shady Grove Rd, Exit 8, bear right immediately at Redland Boulevard. Redland Boulevard to Pleasant Drive, turn right to Park. From 355, Frederick, turn onto Watkins Pond Blvd (left from northbound, right if southbound) to Grand Champion Dr.