Eligibility: ages 8-18
The family of Craig Tufts, Family Summits, Inc. and National Wildlife Federation announces the 4th Annual Craig Tufts Educational Scholarship Award, which is given to a young person between the ages of 8 and 18 to attend a week-long, summer outdoor educational adventure camp with a parent or guardian.
The Craig Tufts Educational Scholarship Fund was established in memory of Craig Tufts, Chief Naturalist of National Wildlife Federation. Each year the Fund grants an award to one youth to attend a Family Nature Summit. The Fund provides travel, room and board and program fees for the award winner and an accompanying parent or guardian.
July 6-13 2013
Family Nature Summit at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Conference Center Bar Harbor, ME.
How to Apply: Applicant will submit an original essay that addresses the following:
- What are your favorite outdoor or nature-related activities?
- Describe a memorable nature-related experience and the impact it had on you.
- Describe any experience or experiences you may have had that involved studying or protecting wildlife or the environment.
- What do you hope to gain from the Family Summit program and how do you expect it to help you have a positive impact on your local environment or community.
- Describe how you would share your experience with others.
Each essay MUST …
- Be accompanied by application form.
- Be written by the applicant (not a parent or guardian)
- Be no more than three pages, double-spaced (about 750 words)
- Be typed in a 12-point font or legibly handwritten
- Include page number and applicant’s name on each page
For additional information and to apply visit http://www.nwf.org/What-We-Do/Kids-and-Nature/Programs/Craig-Tufts-Scholarship.aspx.
07/06/2013 - 07/13/2013