8:30a – 4:00p
Class Cost: $50.00
Must Register by: 5/28/2013
This 5 day program provides teachers with the resources, knowledge and experience necessary to facilitate the integration of estuaries and related topics into the classroom. Through hands-on, field-based investigations teachers will have the opportunity to gather authentic data on land use, water quality, biotic communities and other parameters, analyze that data, and ultimately use this information to develop action projects that will have a positive impact on the natural systems of the Chesapeake Bay. The course is geared toward a middle and high school audience, but all are welcome.
Teachers must complete all five days of the course and produce a lesson seed for course credit. Credit provided through MSDE.
PLEASE NOTE: The Courses are Tuition-free. However, there is a $50 NON-REFUNDABLE Registration and Materials Fee required to secure participant registration.
This program will help teachers increase their ability to:
- Utilize Estuaries 101, Field Scope, and associated curricula
- Access tools and curricula that support STEM programming
- Design authentic student-driven investigations
- Implement Investigations
- Analyze collected information
- Develop action projects to manage and address the results of investigations
- Location: CBNERR Component Sites
- Registration is OPEN! To register for this course please go to: http://www.coastaltraining-
- Class Instructors: Coreen Weilminster, Trystan Sill, Jug Bay and Anita C. Leight Estuary Center staff