The deadline is November 30, 2013, for the 2013–14 school year.
How Do I Nominate?
Produce a video (less than 5 minutes) that answers the following questions:
- Why should this person be the Environmental Educator of the Year?
- What are the most significant positive impacts the nominee has made?
- If your nominee is selected as a winner, how will that help them to make an even bigger impact on the environment?
- How does the nominee inspire others? Why are you personally nominating this person?
Post this video to YouTube and e-mail the link to us at [email protected]. Don’t worry about production value of your video as much as communicating why you think your nominee is the best candidate for the award.
This award recognizes and rewards an outstanding teacher who is working at the grassroots level to protect and preserve the environment. One teacher will win $10,000, an expenses-paid trip for themselves and one guest to a SeaWorld or Busch Gardens park for a special awards event, and an all-expenses-paid trip to the NSTA National Conference on Science Education.
Eligibility: The SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment Environmental Excellence Awards recognizes the outstanding efforts of students, teachers and community leaders across the country, that are working at the grass roots level to protect and preserve the environment. The Environmental Excellence Awards has expanded its reach to larger audiences to recognize the efforts of schools, youth groups, individuals and companies working to make a difference.
Public and Private Schools
One school will be awarded in each category.
- Outstanding Environmental Elementary School of the Year
- Outstanding Environmental Middle School of the Year
- Outstanding Environmental High School of the Year
- Outstanding Environmental College of the Year (starting in 2013)
This new structure will allow us to identify and nominate top conservation/environmentalists and award them with a significant honor. We will accept nominations; a panel will select the awardees.
- Outstanding Youth Environmentalist of the Year
- Outstanding Adult Environmentalist of the Year
- Outstanding Environmental Educator of the Year
Award: $10,000 and an expense-paid trip to attend the NSTA National Conference.