How to Participate in the Contest
Submit a 30, 60, or 90 second video that serves as a Public Service Announcement about litter prevention and the need for a trash free Potomac Watershed.
- Email email@example.com to register for the contest.
- Must reference the Regional Litter Prevention Campaign tagline “Your litter hits close to home” and our website, www.trashfreepotomac.org, visually or verbally.
- Must include a visual of water and trash.
- Demonstrate that “piece by piece, litter adds up, and makes the places we go to every day unsafe and unhealthy”
- Use original content, and be creative! All genres are allowed. Videos should be educational and entertaining.
- Submit your video online between April 6, 2013 and June 15, 2013.
- See official rules and guidelines here
All residents of the Potomac Watershed are eligible to enter. Each person in the Litter Prevention PSA whose picture, likeness, voice, and/or name has been used, for both broadcast and print categories must submit this signed release form.
A panel of qualified judges will select the top five entries (one for each participating jurisdiction) based on the following:
- 1/3 on overall effectiveness at conveying a message to the public
- 1/3 on how original and creative the video is
- 1/3 on how effectively the video includes reference(s) to the campaign
The top five videos will be posted on the AFF website from June 23, 2013 to July 6, 2013 for voting by individuals throughout the region.